Students from four nations and nine U.S. States attended the Drycleaning & Laundry Institute’s Fall 2018 Introduction to Drycleaning and Advanced Drycleaning Courses. In its 91styear, DLI’s School of Drycleaning Technology has trained thousands of drycleaners all over the globe.
Students learned about:
- Sorting loads for drycleaning
- The science of drycleaning
- Fibers and their characteristics
- Fabric construction
- Cleaning silk, stain, and other fabrics
- Soil and cleaning theory
- Operating a drycleaning machine
- Stain removal chemistry and procedures
- Removing coffee, ink, grease, and other stains from clothing
- Pressing pants, coats, blouses, ties, pleated garments, and skirts
- Using tensioning equipment to improve finishing quality
- Using bleaches without damaging fabric color
- Distillation procedures
- Understanding the differences between solvent types
- Wetcleaning wool, silk, and more
- Designing a drycleaning plant with the most effective workflow
The next complete DLI course will be offered in two parts in February and March 2019:
- Introduction to Drycleaning: February 25 – March 1
- Advanced Drycleaning: March 4 – 15
Prospective students are invited to learn more and register at www.DLIonline.org/Resident-Coursesor to call Melissa Wagner at 800-638-2627.
Introduction to Drycleaning Course
October 15 – 19
Front Row (left to right):Brian Johnson, DLI Director of Education & Analysis; Raquel Cortes, Vogue Cleaners & Shirt Laundry, Elko, NV; Genesis Grandberry, Lyons Cleaners, Memphis, TN; Amani Bouhdid, Gestion BC Plus, Inc., Blainville, Qubec, Canada; Julie Buntjer, B & J Laundromat, LLC, New Ulm, MN; Meydi Santos, Super Cleaners, Bethesda, MD.
Back row (l-r):Melissa Hilbert, Citadelle French Cleaners, San Juan, PR;Chris Haddad, Sudbury Steam Cleaners, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada; Michael Roitenbarg, Homelight Management, Spring Valley, NY; Connor Petersen, Fayes Laundry & Dry Cleaners, Layton, UT; Bruce Buntjer, B & J Laundromat, LLC, New Ulm, MN.
Advanced Drycleaning Course
October 22 – November 2
Front Row (l-r):Janet Lineham, La Nuova Drycleaners, Inglewood, New Zealand; Amani Bouhdid, Gestion BC Plus, Inc., Blainville, Qubec; Raquel Cortes, Vogue Cleaners & Shirt Laundry, Elko, NV; Courtney Kraemer, Jones Cleaning Center, Fresno, CA; Amber Kraemer, Jones Cleaning Center, Fresno, CA.
Back row (l-r):Connor Petersen, Fayes Laundry & Dry Cleaners, Layton, UT; Shelly Anderson, Regency Cleaners, Tyler, TX; Michael Roitenbarg, Homelight Management, Spring Valley, NY; Brian Johnson, DLI Director of Education & Analysis; Rajev S. Kumar, Wasmaatic, Pune, India.
Not pictured:Whittni Hudgins, Holiday Cleaners, LLC, Demopolis, AL.